- The leaves as they change from green to all shades of orange, yellow, and red…
- Nonfat Pumpkin Spice Lattes…I get the sense that PSLs are everyone’s favorite thing about Fall ;)
- FOOTBALL…need I say more?!
- Cool weather…which I’m currently still waiting for!
- Pumpkins and other Fall decor
- Going to the mountains to pick apples at my favorite orchard: Check it out!
- Fall fashion…in LOVE with sweaters and boots and cute jackets and scarves. Ah.
- The smell of peanuts being picked
- Peanut Fest…if you don’t know what this is, you’re missing out ;)
- Fall is also the unofficial start of race season for all of us runners out there! I am so excited…kicking it off with a Halloween 10k at the Oceanfront. Maybe I’ll actually dress up this time?!
- Thanksgiving…pretty much my favorite holiday…minus Christmas, of course :)
- …And what’s Thanksgiving without: The MACY’s Thanksgiving Day Parade!
Truly, the best part about Fall is that I get to spend lots of quality time with family & friends and stay busy busy busy…until after Christmas, pretty much. If there’s one thing I thrive on, its being BUSY. haha. And as I just learned a few days ago when I was writing on my calendar, I have absolutely NO free weekends between now and after New Years! Crazy…but I like it! I hope everyone is finding their Fall to be very eventful…even though I’m sure we’re ALL busy, try to stop and take it all in…enjoy the moment ;)
Soooooooo excited that its finally time to kickoff Hokie football! Counting down until tonight…I’m so excited. I literally woke up and put on my VT football jersey….going to be a fun day! Hope everyone else is as excited for Tech football as I am…and if you’re not, you should be! ;)
So I’m sitting here in Starbucks…which has become my second home these days. My first home being law school…haha. And thirdly(?) would be my actual home. Yep, the school year has kicked into full gear, and I’m surprisingly calm about it all. I feel like I have gotten into a pretty good routine already, even after just (almost) two weeks of classes. I had a few thoughts cross my mind last week that maybe, just maybe I was getting in too deep…but then I realized all of that was just nerves, and I made myself look at this as a positive thing and realized that this is what I’ve always wanted to do! And you know what, I find myself enjoying sitting in class and LEARNING…yeah, who woulda thought?! haha…I have pretty much always found classes to be boring since high school and through college, but now, I enjoy the opportunity to learn. I think its because this is what I have dreamed of doing for a very long time, and can I just say, it feels really good to be accomplishing big goals that I’ve set for myself!
I told myself that I was not going to back off any of my workout time, and so far, I’ve kept my word. No one messes with “workin’ on my fitness”…haha ;) I am still teaching Spin a few times a week…makin’ that money…or very little money…haha. I’ve had to switch up my workout schedule quite a bit, and I find myself reading cases while running on the treadmill often, but hey, it goes by a lot quicker! I can’t wait for it to get cooler outside though, because running out on the backroads in the Fall is my favorite! Unfortunately for me, I haven’t been running enough long runs in prep for the NYC Marathon…so yeah, I don’t know where I stand with that right now. I want to run it, but I also want to train properly. If I can squeeze in a long run before this weekend is over, I think I could still pull it off. I guess I’ll see how that goes…ha. Seems as though the weekends are busy lately! I think I’m pretty much booked through the Fall…but if you know me, you know I thrive off of being busy! ;)