Like I said before…I am not much of a “resolution” maker. If there is something I want to do or to have, I start working toward it right away. Why wait for the new year when you can go ahead and start working toward achieving your goals? :) However, I do have a few goals I’d like to accomplish in 2011. There are a lot of things I think about as the days go by, so I don’t have every goal for this new year already decided!
1. Travel to Europe, hopefully for the summer – This has been weighing on my mind for a while now, and well, there’s no time like the present! It would make much better sense to travel throughout Europe while I’m still in law school and still have a “summer break” and won’t have a job tying me down. Plus, at 21 (almost 22!) I feel like I’m at a perfect age to do this…old enough, mature enough, yet young enough to have lots of fun and not hold back from anything! :)
2. Run a Marathon…already accepted to ING NYC 2011 – I think this is the year I want to train for a marathon, but I also think that might depend on my travel plans! If I’m in Europe for the summer, I don’t think training for NYC will be very feasible…unless I find a running partner while I’m there ;)
3. Train for a sub-1:50 Half Marathon – I have confidence in myself that I can do this…as long as I train the way I should! I ran my last half in 1:55, and I have been running consistently faster since then, so I don’t think this goal will be too difficult to achieve :)
4. Put together cute outfits from my closet and stop shopping all the time! – A few weeks ago, I was feeling inspired, and put together some really cute outfits from clothes that I already own. I just need to get better at doing this regularly instead of being in constant “shopping mode” (i.e. always browsing online or at the mall and not restraining from buying!)
5. Get back to twice-weekly strength training – I had been doing really good with this…until I started law school. haha. My time got to be so limited that in addition to my daily running, I only had time to strength train once a week. My schedule for the Spring semester gives me a little more time in the day, so I hope to get back to 2x a week strength workouts!
6. Hot Yoga once a week – This might be a tough one to find the time for with my school schedule, but I had been doing 1x week Hot Yoga last Spring and it was GREAT. Such a good complement to running 35+ miles a week!
7. Write more often – I love blogging, but I found that I didn’t have a lot of time to devote to it this past semester. When I started posting much more frequently in December, I really enjoyed the creative outlet that it provided! Eventually, my goal is to write a novel…just need to find that place to begin!
8. Take more pictures – I LOVE photography. When I’m feeling inspired, I can take some really “artsy” pictures! One, I would like to buy a better quality camera (especially if I do travel this summer!), and two, I would like to learn more about the art surrounding photography.
9. Go out more – Hey, you only live once…may as well have as much fun as possible! This is something I always struggle with…balancing school and a social life, especially since I’ve been in law school. But the truth is, if I used my time more wisely throughout the day, I could get everything done and still have time for some more fun!
10. Read more – And I don’t mean textbooks! I feel like all of my time is consumed reading for classes, but if I could just put down the textbooks to read a book for pure enjoyment once a week, that would be good enough for me!
What are your “goals” for the new year? Do you like to make resolutions and can you keep them?
I can’t believe a year has gone by so quickly. It seems like just yesterday that I was preparing for my last semester of college…and now I’m beginning my second semester of law school. Crazy :)
A Noteable 2010:
- Moved back to the ‘Burg to begin my last semester of college!
- Tried BodyPump for the first time
- Signed up for a Personal Training course…and got college credit for it
- Got snowed in one too many times
- Got hooked on Hot Yoga
- Ran the VIFL 14k on Valentine’s Day
- Dropped my French minor and enjoyed my last semester taking ALL Poli Sci classes
- Opened up about my personal relationship with food and exercise
- Drove myself to the ER
- Ran 3.2 for 32
- Relay for Life in honor of my Aunt Nancy
- Got accepted to run the 2010 ING NYC Marathon
- Stayed in a super-nice beach cottage with family for a few days
- Started working as a lifeguard for the 3rd year in a row
- Had a graduation party
- My boyfriend’s sister got married!
- Started training at the Y to become a fitness instructor
- Decided to attend a law school close to home to avoid moving away
- Started teaching Spin classes at the Y
- Finally bought a Garmin 405!
- My best friend got married, and I was a bridesmaid
- Went to the mountains
- Ran a 10k and PR’d with a time of 49:57!
- Saw Ke$ha, 3Oh!3, and hellogoodbye in concert
- Finished my first semester of law school!
- Made a goal of blogging every day for 25 days leading to Christmas – Mission Accomplished!
- Got a big snowstorm the day after Christmas!
Here’s to a happy and exciting 2011! I don’t really do resolutions, but I think I have a few goals that I’d like to accomplish in the New Year…I’ll be writing about those soon! :)
Finally made it out of the snow(!) and to the store for a little shopping today. Did some damage at Ulta…didn’t even know we had one around here! Usually I always go to Sephora…which is still my favorite. I liked Ulta, but Sephora has my heart ;) Anyways, the most important finds are the kitchen finds. Obviously! Especially when you find this really cute mojito glass that tells you exactly how to make the perfect Mojito:
From World Market
Or this adorable bowl…you really can’t beat 89¢!
Also from World Market
And Starbucks was having an awesome sale on their Christmas merchandise as well…not sure this mug is Christmas, but it was a serious deal for $3.99!
If you have a World Market nearby…its totally worth the trip! All of their Christmas merchandise is 50-75% off. *Shameless plug, since my dad works for World Market’s corporate division* haha :)
Well as it turns out, we got our “White Christmas” after all. And it continued all day today…we have around 13″ of snow in our yard! For this area, that is a LOT. And I can only remember probably one other snowfall this big since I’ve been alive…so that means it probably won’t happen again anytime soon! haha
Merry Christmas Eve! Hopefully at this point, everyone has gotten the shopping done, the presents wrapped, and all of the cookies baked :) If not…well there’s still around 7 hours to get it all done before Santa arrives! But really, always remember why we truly celebrate this wonderful holiday! Hopefully you’re spending time with family and friends, feeling blessed and enjoying each others company!
Tonight I’ll be making one of these,
While I’m watching this,
And enjoying this!
Have a great Christmas Eve!