I’ve been having some terrible allergies the past few days…it seems like everyone is. I thought the worst of the pollen was gone already…guess not! Even so, I can’t seem to stay indoors…the weather is so nice. I guess I’ll just have to deal with my allergies!
This is my last weekend before Finals…so I’ve tried to enjoy it a little bit at least :) I layed outside earlier for a little while and got some sun while I relaxed studied Nutrition. I’ve been so productive this week…its weird how school is just about over and I’m just NOW attempting to be productive…the irony. ha ha. I guess I’m just more motivated, now that the end is in sight ;) I even gave my townhouse a Spring Cleaning…it was much-needed, thats for sure! I was also getting it cleaned up because my b0yfriend will be here in 3 days…so excited. Even though Tuesday is going to be super-difficult to get through (2 exams, 1 discussion leader assignment, studying for another exam), I’ll just be glad to get the day over with and wait for the boy to get here! And after an exam on Wednesday, undergrad classes officially end for me…forever! :)
I think I’m going back outside to brave my allergies and go for a run…not sure how great that is, but I feel like I need a good run! I was contemplating Hot Yoga tomorrow, but I’m not sure sinuses and downward dogs will go to well together…has anyone ever done hot yoga with a cold/allergies?
Yep, things are falling into place! I got back three different grades today on assignments from the past few weeks, and all were good :) I did a group presentation this morning in Personal Training, and I just finished working on a project/presentation for a class I have tomorrow. Now I just have an online quiz and a few discussion board posts to catch up on and then I need to start preparing for my exams…not too bad, considering the workload I’ve had this semester! SIX more days of classes…I think I can make it :)
Did I mention I’m totally jealous that today was the boy’s last day of classes for the semester?! He only has a few exams to take and then he’s driving up here a week from today to stay with me for 1.5 weeks until I finish exams & graduate! So excited :) Hopefully we won’t be too bored…minus the studying I have to do for my two exams. I’ve already got my eye on some hiking and driving through the mountains…maybe a winery tour or two…gotta live up the last few weeks here! ;)
What a lovely day…its sunny and warm and breezy. Just perfect. And that’s saying a lot considering I’m talking about the ‘Burg…aka my least favorite place! But I’m in a great mood today…which probably has something to do with the fact that I’m going home tomorrow for a long Easter weekend :) I always go home for Easter because my family and the boy’s family always have big Easter lunch/dinners…but instead of leaving Friday, I’m leaving Thursday afternoon because my professor decided to cancel my late class. So glad. I find that as the weeks get busier as we get closer to graduation, I get stressed and just want to LEAVE this place! So having weekends at home every now and then make it a whole lot better :)
I’ve been pretty good about getting things done over the past week and a half…which is good since I’m not as stressed anymore! I have tons of work, but as of right now, its all spaced out just right…thank goodness. I actually made a list of everything I have to do today and even put times beside it….haha. So in a few minutes I’m heading out for a ~7 mile run in this gorgeous weather so I can get back and finish everything else I have to do! I never sacrifice exercise…it always makes me feel sooo much better once I get a good sweat in ;) Does anyone else make exercise a big priority?
So excited to be at home with the fam tomorrow. You’ll find me laying outside tanning all day Friday ;) And Saturday, I’m running the 5k race with the boy and one of our friends…so excited. Apparently, they have been training quite a bit, so I’m sure I’m going to be impressed with their 5k time! I’ve been speed training quite a bit myself…trying to go for a record 5k time. Hey, why not? :)
1. This week has been. so. busy. You better believe I took tonight to relax and rest up for the busy weekend-week-month ahead…haha. Its pretty much never-ending until graduation…May 15th here I come ;)
2. That said…I’m still making the brilliant decision to go home Easter weekend. I have ALWAYS gone home Easter weekend since I’ve been away at college, so I figure why break that tradition? ;) Plus I’m running a 5k with the boy & one of our good friends that my boyfriend converted into a runner/regular gym-goer. Yes, MY boyfriend did that…the one who complains about running but is doing this 5k for the 2nd year in a row! Ha ha…before he knows it, I’ll having him running marathons ;)
3. One of my best friends has been studying abroad in France this entire school year! Yes, I’ve been totally jealous!!! But she is backpacking Europe/Asia this summer and I would LOVE to tag along…but somehow I would have to come up with $$$ that I don’t have. If anyone has any brilliant ideas that make money (yes anything…I’m pretty desperate…ha ha KIDDING!) do share…
Haha yes I encountered every single one of those things while on my run today! After a glorious 5-hour drive in the bright sunshine and listening to music…fun(!), I finally made it HOME :) Its sooo nice to be home…my little Chloe greeted me at the door! I decided that I was going to RUN outside since the weather was so pretty…50 degrees and sunny. So I got ready to run, and when I walked out the door…it got cloudy :( So I had shorts on and let’s just say it was…FREEZING! I was planning on a 5-6 mile run, but I felt really good so I ended up doing 8! Halfway through, I was running on the side of the road (at home, I run on backroads!) and I saw something black out of the corner of my eye…yeah, you know where this is going. Without really looking, I assumed it was roadkill…then I saw it MOVE. It was a LIVE skunk!!! I barely even thought about what to do before I hauled ASS…haha, no seriously. I have never encountered a skunk before…I don’t know if they chase or bite…but I do know that they spray a hideous odor if you get near them. So needless to say, I got away from it ASAP. That was an adventure. Actually, I rarely encounter any animals even though I’m practically running on backroads in the woods, basically. I do see the occasional deer (which I am terrified of?!) and hear a rustle in the woods, and I tend to run faster, but never have I seen a skunk or fox or raccoon, thank goodness! I have seen a snake before, which definitely made me sprint…but this is coming from the girl who found a snake in our NEW HOUSE a few summers ago. Yikes.
So I guess today has already been quite an adventure at home, and the rest Spring Break will only be more exciting! My parents just got home from work, so we’re going to cook dinner and then the boy is finally going to come over…3 weeks away from him is far too long!!! Hope everyone is having a fabulous Friday! ;)
1. TOMORROW…Spring Break begins :) I’m leaving bright and early in the morning to make the 5-hour drive home. I am sooooo excited…in fact I’ve been pretty high on life today ;) I just love home, family, the boy, my dog, my friends….for a whole week. Ahh :)
2. I am officially 9 days away from being the big 2-1. Wow time flies…I feel like I should still be in high school, and yet I’ll be graduating from college in 2.5 months! I’m going to The Melting Pot for my 21st birthday dinner…and I’m still in search of the best mojito in Hampton Roads. Because I will definitely be finding it March 13th. haha :)
3. My university has a really big Relay for Life every year (we had the #1 collegiate event last year!), and I’ve participated every year since I’ve been in school here. I had so much fun the first year that I signed up to be on the Executive Planning Committee last year and I’m on the Relay Staff this year. I just love love love it, and its for such a good cause. I relay in honor of my Aunt Nancy, who was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer in 2008. She is still fighting it, but is doing better. I’m so glad that she’s participating this year…and I’m so grateful for family & friends that have been donating and helping my fundraising efforts. Its such a good feeling to know we’re all helping out the American Cancer Society. Do you Relay???
Ah, a week from today, I’ll be at home with my fam & the boy…and my friends from home. For a whole week. I actually have a hard time believing this semester is almost halfway over! Crazy…I’ll be graduating in about 76 days. I don’t think its really “hit” me yet…haha. It will be hitting me like a ton of bricks when I pack my bags to head to law school…I’ll definitely be in for it then!!! And I complain about the workload I have now…I’m most certainly in for a rude awakening!
As it always turns out, my birthday week always falls during Spring Break, so I get to enjoy my bday with family, which is perfectly fine with me. But this year is my 21st(!), and sadly I won’t be back at school yet to do a bar crawl…aka, birthday tradition in the ‘Burg. Maybe I’ll have to have a “belated” bar crawl…hey, I’ve gotta live it up while I can…did I mention I’m graduating in 76 days?!?! ;)
So the other night I came across my MySpace page…yes, I forgot I even had a Myspace account! I haven’t checked it in forever…and I had the long list of messages and comments to prove it! Anyways, just for fun, I decided to go back and read some old messages (emphasis on the OLD….circa 2005-2006!) from past boyfriends. Hahaha let’s just say it made for a hilarious evening of reminiscing, and I clearly had all the boys wrapped around my finger. Oh wait…I still do ;) Ha…but really, looking back on things that were said years ago, I don’t think I fully embraced the thoughtfulness by many of the guys that I dated while in high school. In fact, for lack of better words, I tended to be quite a bee-yotch! ha ha…sometimes I wish I could go back and change things, but I really do have it good now…I’m in a great relationship with a great guy, so I guess things do work out in the end :)
Well this was a really, really random post…haha…it goes to show how my mind works most of the time. Constantly confused and always random. I’m kidding ;)