Like I said before…I am not much of a “resolution” maker. If there is something I want to do or to have, I start working toward it right away. Why wait for the new year when you can go ahead and start working toward achieving your goals? :) However, I do have a few goals I’d like to accomplish in 2011. There are a lot of things I think about as the days go by, so I don’t have every goal for this new year already decided!
1. Travel to Europe, hopefully for the summer – This has been weighing on my mind for a while now, and well, there’s no time like the present! It would make much better sense to travel throughout Europe while I’m still in law school and still have a “summer break” and won’t have a job tying me down. Plus, at 21 (almost 22!) I feel like I’m at a perfect age to do this…old enough, mature enough, yet young enough to have lots of fun and not hold back from anything! :)
2. Run a Marathon…already accepted to ING NYC 2011 – I think this is the year I want to train for a marathon, but I also think that might depend on my travel plans! If I’m in Europe for the summer, I don’t think training for NYC will be very feasible…unless I find a running partner while I’m there ;)
3. Train for a sub-1:50 Half Marathon – I have confidence in myself that I can do this…as long as I train the way I should! I ran my last half in 1:55, and I have been running consistently faster since then, so I don’t think this goal will be too difficult to achieve :)
4. Put together cute outfits from my closet and stop shopping all the time! – A few weeks ago, I was feeling inspired, and put together some really cute outfits from clothes that I already own. I just need to get better at doing this regularly instead of being in constant “shopping mode” (i.e. always browsing online or at the mall and not restraining from buying!)
5. Get back to twice-weekly strength training – I had been doing really good with this…until I started law school. haha. My time got to be so limited that in addition to my daily running, I only had time to strength train once a week. My schedule for the Spring semester gives me a little more time in the day, so I hope to get back to 2x a week strength workouts!
6. Hot Yoga once a week – This might be a tough one to find the time for with my school schedule, but I had been doing 1x week Hot Yoga last Spring and it was GREAT. Such a good complement to running 35+ miles a week!
7. Write more often – I love blogging, but I found that I didn’t have a lot of time to devote to it this past semester. When I started posting much more frequently in December, I really enjoyed the creative outlet that it provided! Eventually, my goal is to write a novel…just need to find that place to begin!
8. Take more pictures – I LOVE photography. When I’m feeling inspired, I can take some really “artsy” pictures! One, I would like to buy a better quality camera (especially if I do travel this summer!), and two, I would like to learn more about the art surrounding photography.
9. Go out more – Hey, you only live once…may as well have as much fun as possible! This is something I always struggle with…balancing school and a social life, especially since I’ve been in law school. But the truth is, if I used my time more wisely throughout the day, I could get everything done and still have time for some more fun!
10. Read more – And I don’t mean textbooks! I feel like all of my time is consumed reading for classes, but if I could just put down the textbooks to read a book for pure enjoyment once a week, that would be good enough for me!
What are your “goals” for the new year? Do you like to make resolutions and can you keep them?