I love coffee. Who else is with me on that?! You could say I’m a Starbucks “addict.” Yes, I have a Gold Card…and you can usually find me there 5 out of 7 days a week, at least during the academic year. haha. I justify it because I go sit in Starbucks for hours at a time to get work done and study…using the free wifi, so I don’t feel so bad spending $2 or $3 on a drink. That said, I rarely ever buy the more expensive drinks (any espresso drinks). I don’t like to spend $5 on a latte…just doesn’t seem right. However, there are a few really good holiday-themed drinks that you might can justify spending a little extra $$$ on. Even if its just ONCE ;)
Now, even though I’m a Starbucks girl, I will go to Dunkin Donuts from time to time. I don’t think that Dunkin’s coffee is quite as good, but that’s just my opinion! Its really not much cheaper than Starbucks, but its a nice change every once in a while…and Dunkin also has a few holiday-themed drinks!
Here are a few of Starbucks and Dunkin’s holiday drinks, made “light”, of course. They are seriously dangerous to your diet if you don’t ask for “light”!
1. Starbucks Caramel Brulee Latte (Grande) – Cal: 270, Made with Nonfat Milk and No Whipped Cream
2. Dunkin Donuts Pumpkin Coffee (Medium) – Cal: 160, Add a little Nonfat Milk for Added Protein
3. Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte (Grande) – Cal: 260, With Nonfat Milk and No Whipped Cream
4. Dunkin Donuts Gingerbread Coffee (Medium) – Cal: 170, Ask for Nonfat Milk for Added Protein
5. Starbucks Gingerbread Latte (Grande) – Cal: 200, With Nonfat Milk and No Whipped Cream
These are just a few of the many options you can order at Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. I’m not going to make a judgment call on which is better…I think its all about personal preference! Nutritionally speaking, both can be pretty good for you and both can be REALLY bad for you. Be wary of specialty drinks like these, and always ask for Nonfat and No Whip if you’re counting calories and fat grams! If you want to treat yourself without going on calorie overload, be sure to stick with the smallest size! :)