Woke up this morning at 6:30 to run in the VA Beach Turkey Trot 10k…it’s a good race and everyone is really nice–the runners, the volunteers, the spectators. It’s not too long of a distance, but its long enough to feel like you burned off part of the Thanksgiving dinner you’re about to partake in! :) My lovely Mama and Daddy went with me to the race, then I got my Starbucks coffee fix (it’s a bad expensive habit!) and did a little shopping for Christmas decorations. Speaking of decorations, we decorated almost the whole house yesterday…only things left are wreaths on the windows, a live tree with old-fashioned decorations for the dining room, and of course lots and lots of holiday baking! One of my favorite pastimes :)
Right now, I’m about to go have a wonderful dinner with my favorite family members…I love spending time with alllll my family (and I have a LOT of family!). I was thinking about things I am thankful for, and I have quite a lot. Here’s a few that are most important:
1) All of my favorite people–my parents, especially! All of my family, my beyond amazing boyfriend, and my best friends and everyone else who makes my life so special :)
2) A warm, safe house to come home to every day…so many people are without, and I just wish I could do more to help them avoid homelessness.
3) The jobs that my parents currently have…they have stable careers which is a blessing considering how many people have lost their jobs. I have numerous relatives and family friends who have lost their jobs in the past few months, so I know its a terrible feeling.
4) Being able to attend college, and earn my degree in 6 more months. Let’s face it, college is expensive, and its not easy for my family to afford it either but they know an education is priceless and definitely worth the $$$…and worth the time for me!
5) Being healthy and having the ability to run, which is my favorite thing to do. I seriously don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t run. It really helps create a balance in my life, like yoga does for some people. Running the 10k this morning made me realize how thankful I am!
6)Finally, I couldn’t skip one thing I’m always thankful for…Starbucks! Yes it’s sounds bad, diva-ish maybe? But I appreciate a nice strong cup of coffee every single day, and it helps me get through my day and stay caffeinated throughout the day. Caffeine addict?!
These shoes inspire me to run everyday :)